RISK is the risk management module of SCANNELL
What proactive measures do you take to ensure the continuity of your business operations and to protect your employees, your reputation and your brand?
Identifying, assessing and pro-actively managing risks is a core element of good management practice and is key to protecting your workers and your business, as well as complying with the law.
Risk Assessments and the Risk Reduction Process often entails manually intensive methods, with large amounts of data. This can be difficult to track, monitor and manage.
This software module is specifically designed to streamline and simplify the risk assessment and risk reduction process.
It will provide:
- A flexible and dynamic risk assessment methodology catering for a variety of templates and scoring models
- An easy to use step by step process
- “Closed-loop” continual improvement that resets scores on task completion
- A Risk Management methodology for managing objectives, targets and management programmes that is integrated with the risk identification, assessment and reduction process
- Ultimately this Risk Management Software will build up a picture of overall risk that helps you to see “the wood from the trees”
BENEFITS OF RISK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
You will benefit from:
- A system of prioritised (Red, Amber, Green) risk “scorecards” which are systematically integrated with your EHS objectives, targets and management programmes
- Responsibility for implementing the health and safety measures, which can lead to continual risk improvement, is distributed across the organisation. Upon completion, risk ratings are automatically re-evaluated
- Integration with the Legal Compliance and Legal Register module enables the relevant regulations and existing controls to be assessed in line with risk assessments
- Risk and continual improvement will be achieved by integration with the our Incident Management module. This allows assessments to be reviewed following an accident or incident
A Risk Assessment is a methodical examination of the hazards (harm) that workers or the public may be exposed to from activities in the workplace or during work, so that suitable (reasonable) risk proactive measures can be put in place to prevent harm.
Employers have an obligation to assess the healthy and safety risks that arise in the workplace and to put practical measures in place to eliminate or control them.
Risk assessments should be prioritized, continuously updated and integrated with your legal obligations, policies and strategic programmes.
Specific Risk Management templates and scoring models can be configured. However the following standard models are provided:
- Basic Severity x Likelihood Matrix
- Chemical Assessment
- Visual Display (Display Screen)
- Pre & Post Natal
- Risk and Business Continuity
- FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis)
An Environmental Aspect is the element of an organizations activities, products, or services which can interact with the environment. Each Aspect may have one or more environmental impacts (effects or risks). Impacts are adverse or beneficial changes to the environment.
Identifying and managing significant environmental impacts (or risks) is a core element of good risk management and can be essential for ensuring the business continuity of your operations and protection of your reputation and brand.
OBJECTIVES, TARGETS & MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES
Objectives and Targets are strategic goals established by an organisation that are consistent with the organisation’s Policy, such as commitments to product quality, environmental impact or safety, or to comply with legislation. These Objectives and Targets must be measurable. They are achieved through Management Programmes and in turn by detailed Tasks.
The Management Standards require that an organisation establishes measurable objectives and targets for all relevant functions and levels of the organisation.
The RISK module provides the ability to set Objectives & Targets and to simultaneously link them to Management Programmes and ultimately to individual tasks.
Progress can be easily tracked and viewed on a macro or micro level for use in EHS and Risk Management Reviews.
The Risk Management Module provides for tasks to be set directly against Management Programmes or from Risk Assessments.