What you get to manage your Compliance Obligations
- EHS Legal Register
with site-specific interpretation of legislation and easy access to full publications
- Profile Manager
quickly identify the key things about your business that drive legal and other requirements
- Compliance Checklists
that allow you concentrate on what’s important and demonstrate control and evidence of compliance
- Compliance Dashboard
to display and monitor your legal compliance status
- Task Management
to close any gaps
- Change Alerts
within the system and by email
- Manage Links
to relevant documents / media / other requirements
What do we cover?
Buildings and Construction
Chemicals – REACH, CLP, Major Accident Hazards, etc
Dangerous Goods – ADR, IATA, IMDG
Marine, Ports and Offshore
Protection of Workers (High Risk Activities)
Safety Health and Welfare at Work
Transport & Driving
Waste Management (Circular Economy)
How it Works – Legal Profiles, Applicability and Compliance Checklists
Basically there are 3 steps
Create a Profile
Evaluate Applicability and Compliance
Monitor Status and Changes
Using a unique system of checklists and a specific site or business activity profile, Scannell’s EHS software automatically identifies relevant legislation and allows these to be tied into management controls, evidence of compliance and compliance-related tasks.
Local and International Content
Content is available for over 40 countries with 70+ jurisdictions
- Up to date country and regional legislation, available to multiple users online for each location /span>
- A Profile for each location so that users only see legal compliance requirements and legislation for the relevant topics
- Standardise, understand and compare compliance across jurisdictions
- Link key compliance documents for easy access
- Legislation available in the native language of each user
SCANNELL International Law Content
Integration with RISK & INCIDENT
The LAW module is integrated with the RISK and INCIDENT modules so that compliance and risks can be assessed as part of the same process. It also forms part of the whole Management System.
- Relevant legal requirements can be linked “both ways” with specific risk assessments and incidents
- Tasks and email alerts can be set up to address and close compliance gaps
What the ISO Standards Say
The following International Standards covering EHS Management Systems employ the process approach, which incorporates the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and risk-based thinking:
- ISO 14001 (Environment)
- ISO 50001 (Energy)
- ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) (Occupational Safety)
The SCANNELL EHS Regulatory Compliance system closely follows this approach in a joined up way which can be incorporated with other elements of your Management System.
The standards contain the following requirements which our system will help you meet:
- Compliance Obligations
These are legal and other requirements that an organisation has to or chooses to comply with.
- Evaluation of Compliance
These are processes needed to evaluate fulfilment of the Compliance Obligations.
|Compliance Obligations||Evaluation of Compliance|
|14001: 2015 requirement 6.1.2||14001: 2015 requirement 9.1.2|
|18001: 2007 requirement 4.3.2||18001: 2007 requirement 4.5.2|
|50001: 2018 requirement 4.2||50001: 2018 requirement 9.1.2|
|45001: 2018 requirement 6.1.3||45001: 2018 requirement 9.1.2|
Compliance Obligations – Legal and Other Requirements
The standards require an organization to establish, implement and maintain a process(es) to:
- determine and have access to up-to-date legal requirements and other requirements that are applicable to (as appropriate) its environmental aspects, energy use and efficiency or hazards/OH&S risks
- determine how these compliance obligations (legal requirements and other requirements) apply to the organization and what needs to be communicated;
- take these obligations into account when establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving its management system.
Legal and other requirements can result in risks and opportunities for the organization.
This information must be kept up-to-date and must be taken into account when establishing, implementing and maintaining its management system.
The LAW module will enable you to easily meet this requirement in a site-specific way, with access to summaries of the legal requirements and full legal texts, and it will always be up to date.
Evaluation of Compliance
According to the Standards, the organization must establish, implement and maintain a process(es) for evaluating compliance with compliance obligations (legal requirements and other requirements) (see above).
This must include:
- the frequency and method(s) for the evaluation of compliance;
- action if needed;
- maintaining knowledge and understanding of compliance status;
- documented information of the compliance evaluation result(s).
The LAW module will help you meet these requirements under each of the applicable Compliance Checklist Items, and overall, including actions, compliance status and documented information of the compliance evaluation result(s).
A variety of methods or processes can be used to assess compliance such as:
- Audits (internal and/or third party)
- Document or Records Review
- Facility Inspections and/or Direct Observation
- Project or Work Reviews
- Routine Sample Analysis or Test Results