Risk Management and
Business Risk Reduction
Identifying, assessing and pro-actively managing risks is a core element of good management practice and is key to protecting your workers and your business, as well as complying with the law.
Risk Assessments and the Risk Reduction Process often entails manually intensive methods, with large amounts of data. This can be difficult to track, monitor and manage, especially in a diverse multi-site organisation.
RISK will enable you to take effective proactive measures at site and group level in real time to ensure the continuity of your business operations and to protect your employees, your reputation and your brand.
This software module is specifically designed to streamline and simplify the risk assessment and risk reduction process by providing:
- A flexible and dynamic risk assessment methodology catering for a variety of templates and scoring models
- An easy to use step by step process
- “Closed-loop” continual improvement – upon task completion, risk ratings are automatically re-evaluated
- Prioritised RAG Status (Red, Amber, Green)
- Incorporation of photos and other media
- Integration with Objectives, Targets and Management Programmes
- Integration with the Legal Compliance recorded in the Legal Register module enables the relevant regulations and existing controls to be assessed in line with risk assessments
- Integration with the our Incident Management module which allows assessments to be reviewed following an accident or incident in line with the requirement of the ISO standards
Responsibility for implementing the necessary measures is distributed across the organisation, which can lead to continual risk improvement.
Ultimately this Risk Management Software will build up a picture of overall risk at one or more sites (grouped) that helps you to see “the wood from the trees.”
Risk-based thinking is an essential component of an effective management system (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001) .
Risk Assessment is a systematic process for evaluating the potential risks that may be involved in any projected activity.
This may be:
- Hazards (harm) that workers or the public may be exposed to from activities in the workplace or during work, so that suitable (reasonable) risk proactive measures can be put in place to prevent harm.
- Environmental Aspects, that is elements of an organization’s activities, products, or services which can interact with the environment causing adverse or beneficial environmental impacts.
- Quality-related risks
- Business Continuity risks
- Energy or resource inefficiency
Employers have an obligation to assess the healthy and safety risks that arise in the workplace and to put practical measures in place to eliminate or control them.
Risk assessments should be prioritized, continuously updated and integrated with your legal obligations, policies and strategic programmes.
Specific Risk Management templates and scoring models can be configured. The following standard models are provided:
- Basic Severity x Likelihood Matrix (3 x 3 or 5 x 5 matrix)
- Chemical Assessment
- Visual Display (Display Screen)
- Pre & Post Natal
- Risk and Business Continuity
- Quality FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis)
- Environmental Aspects
Objectives, Targets & Management Programmes
The Management Standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001) require that an organisation establishes measurable objectives and targets for all relevant functions and levels of the organisation.
Objectives and Targets are strategic goals established by an organisation that are consistent with the organisation’s Policy, such as commitments to product quality, environmental impact or safety, or to comply with legislation. These Objectives and Targets must be measurable. They are achieved through Management Programmes and in turn by detailed Tasks.
The RISK module provides the ability to set Objectives & Targets and to simultaneously link them to Management Programmes and ultimately to individual tasks.
Progress can be easily tracked and viewed on a macro or micro level for use in QEHS and Risk Management Reviews.
The Risk Management Module provides for tasks to be set directly against Management Programmes or from Risk Assessments.