The story of SCANNELL
began in 1998 when Dr. Mary C. Scannell formed Scannell Solutions Limited as a provider of Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety (QEHS) consultancy services with a focus on management systems and integrated pollution prevention and control environmental permits.
We achieved 100% first time certification for our clients.
Mary brought forward her extensive experience of management system implementation on an international scale along with a number of loyal blue chip clients.
Realising that that there was a gap in the market for effective web-based enterprise software solutions to manage growing issues in the working environment, in particular with regard to compliance, risk management and reporting, in 2002 Mary put together a team to turn her practical industry knowledge into a product.
The first module of SCANNELL (then called enviroLAW), was released in 2003 and was soon followed by the RISK and INCIDENT modules.
Back to present day, SCANNELL, now in its fifth full release, provides a fully integrated enterprise solution designed and built by QEHS Professionals to enable organisations to conform to legal and other requirements, reach sustainability goals and to drive excellence throughout their business.
SCANNELL is being used across the globe by major international food & drink brands and by companies within the chemical, pharmaceutical, construction, consumer products, engineering, mineral processing, telecommunications, energy, electronics, transport, waste and medical devices sectors.
SCANNELL | ONE VENDOR | ONE SYSTEM
enviroMANAGER (now re-branded as simply SCANNELL) was launched in 2003.
Many years of working as consultants with QEHS Professionals allowed the SCANNELL team to incorporate deep knowledge into a web-based software offering that empowers companies to manage all QEHS matters effectively at many levels within the organisation from a single integrated system including integrated international legal content.
Return on Investment
As well as reducing the overall risk to the business by providing a powerful management tool built on real time data, the SCANNELL system provides a return on investment (ROI) for clients by:
- Reducing costs associated with accidents and environmental incidents, enforcement actions and climate change;
- Enabling distribution of workflows across the organisation in an efficient and simplified way thereby keeping staff and/or consultancy costs to a minimum;
- Reducing ongoing software costs through systems consolidation
For example, in the ESB (a major Irish utilities company with international scope) our solution was adopted by the whole group, against competition from US and UK vendors, and we replaced 23 existing EHS systems with one.
Making Your Organization Succeed
SCANNELL is completely focused on empowering you on your journey of ‘Making your organization Succeed’.
Our design empowers each User to manage all QEHS matters effectively by offering a simple view of QEHS information from their point of view – whether they just want to record a Good Catch, see Hazards associated with their work, manage their team or get a view of the whole business.
Since 2003 we have:
- developed a blue-chip client base with international sales (Coca Cola, Intel, Alexion, RELX Group, BT, J&J, Cummins, ESB, etc);
- turned the business from a 100% service business to a software company;
- continued to invest in R&D to add modules and keep pace with technology, including mobile apps;
- grown a diverse high skilled workforce along with a network of external consultants who support implementation and sales.