LAW is the legal compliance module of SCANNELL
How do you effectively govern your business activities in line with increasing legislation, whilst meeting the growing expectations of your customers, shareholders and local community and at the same time improving profitability and brand reputation?
This legal compliance module can provide you with:
- A Legal Register
- Site-specific interpretation of legislation with easy access to full publications
- An Evaluation Tool to measure and monitor your legal compliance
- Multi Lingual Legislation Translation
- Legal Profiles and Checklists
Content is available for
over 40 countries with 70+ jurisdictions
You will benefit from:
- Up to date country and regional legislation, available to multiple users on line for each location through a single easy to use system
- Each location has it’s own profile, ensuring users only see legal compliance requirements and legislation for the relevant topics
- Those responsible for legal compliance are given the ability to understand the relevant legal compliance requirements in each jurisdiction and compare them across jurisdictions
- The system includes legal compliance questions that can be used to evaluate compliance at each location
- Active document or external links can be managed and tied to relevant requirements
- Legislation available in the native language of each user
PROFILES & CHECKLISTS
Using a unique system of checklists and a specific site or business activity profile, Scannell’s EHS software automatically identifies relevant legislation and allows these to be tied into management controls, evidence of compliance and compliance-related tasks.
Single or multiple profiles can be set up and maintained by the customer for different areas of the business, contractor control or for multi-national jurisdictions.
INTEGRATED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SOLUTION
When integrated with our Risk and our Incident modules:
- Relevant legal requirements can be linked “both ways” with specific risk assessments and incidents
- Tasks and email alerts can be set up to address and close compliance gaps
ISO 14001, ISO 50001 & OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001) – LEGAL, EVALUATION, COMPLIANCE
SCANNELL’s EHS Law system aims to help you meet the following requirements of the International Standards ISO 14001 (Environment), ISO 50001 (Energy) & OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001) (Occupational Safety) in a site specific way:
- 4.3.2 (Legal & Other Requirements)
- 4.5.2 (Evaluation of Compliance)
LEGAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Section 4.3.2 of the standards states that an organization must establish and maintain a procedure(s) to identify and have access to applicable legal requirements as well as to other requirements to which the organization subscribes.
This information must be kept up-to-date and is taken into account when establishing, implementing and maintaining its management system.
The LAW module will enable you to easily meet this requirement in a site-specific way, with access to summaries of the legal requirements and full legal texts, and it will always be up to date.
It also interacts with other parts of the system to legal and other requirements are taken into account throughout the management system.
EVALUATION OF COMPLIANCE
Section 4.5.2 of the standards require that “Consistent with its commitment to compliance, the organization shall establish, implement and maintain a procedure for periodically evaluating compliance with applicable legal requirements. The organisation shall keep records of the results of the periodic evaluations”.
Completing this element of the LAW module will outline how the organization complies with requirements under the various Checklist Items. A variety of methods or processes can be used to assess compliance such as:
- Audits (internal and/or third party)
- Document or Records Review
- Facility Inspections and/or Direct Observation
- Project or Work Reviews
- Routine Sample Analysis or Test Results